Friday, November 28, 2008

Keep Smiling

Yesterday I was talking with my mother and she was sharing all kinds of souvenirs that she got from my grandmother - there were graduation announcements, wedding announcements, funeral announcements and much more. Then we found a yellowed piece of paper that my grandmother wrote years ago.

During November and December, I'm working on a virtual tour for CJ Scarlet and The Kindness Cure. When I read my grandmother's words, I immediately smiled and then I thought about CJ's project and the Kindness Cure -- it really is easy to do something kind for others...

Keep Smiling
by Hannah Gumm
(Nikki's grandmother)

A smile costs nothing, but creates so much.
It happens in a flash, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.
It cannot be begged, borrowed or stolen, but it's of no good to anyone until its given away.
So, if in your hurry, you meet someone who is too weary to give you a smile,
leave one of yours, for no one needs a smile quite so much as he who has none to give.


(I hope my grandmother's words inspire you and bring a smile to your face.)

2 comments:

sjpeacock said...

I am smiling. Thanks so much for sharing your grandmother's note and for sharing CJ's Kindness Cure with us all!

Nikki Leigh said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) With all the problems happening in the world, it seemed that it couldn't hurt to pass along a smile :)

Nikki

Visit us on the Promo 101 Promotional Services site - http://www.bookpromotionservices.com