Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Outer Banks of North Carolina



Today is about pure fun :) On the rare occasion that I get out of town - very rare indeed - I love to head to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For people who aren't familiar with that are, its a very narrow strip of barrier islands on the east coast of North Carolina - in the northern part of the state. If traffic in Richmond and Hampton, VA are on my side, I can be there is under 5 hours - sometimes in just over 4, but it all depends on traffic and road construction.

Its a beautiful area of rugged beach and once you head onto Hatteras Island and the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, it is definitely rugged and there are miles where you only see sand, dunes, wildlife and water on both sides of the road. Recently Nights in Rodanthe was released and parts of it were filmed on the northern part of Hatteras Island.

Since I don't have any video, I wanted to share the trailer for the movie - it shows clips from the area and might give you an idea of what the area is like. You can even see horses on the beach like they show - I have pictures from the northern section of the beachfront with the horses about 10' from my truck.

Take a look and let me know what you think :)

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/video/download/00003436/

The week I went to the area to promote Lilah and Locket - people were getting ready because the film crews were coming to town in a couple of weeks. Just missed Richard Gere again :) Maybe he will be in the movie version of Lilah and the Locket -----

For some additional pictures of the Outer Banks visit my website - I have hundreds of pictures from the area, but these are just a few.

http://www.nikkileigh.com/obx_pictures.htm

Nikki Leigh

No comments:

Visit us on the Promo 101 Promotional Services site - http://www.bookpromotionservices.com