Saturday, November 10, 2007

NaNo - Day Nine & Ten

How is everyone's weekend? Yesterday I had to work on freelance articles for a client, but I got back to the book today. 5800 words today and I'm just over 27,100 total. That's over halfway for NaNo :) Its no where close to half of the book - but its a nice start.

I learned a few years ago that its nice to set goals along the way to 50,000 and to buy a simple treat that I can have when I reach those goals. This year, I chose cherry limeade. Nothing fancy, but its cold and refreshing. So, I bought 3 half gallons - one to drink when I started NaNo, one to have when I get to the middle and one to drink when I hit 50,000. Tomorrow, I can open the 2nd half gallon. Its also really good mixed with passion fruit mixer and any of my flavored vodka or rum :)

I'm taking the rest of the evening off and putting my feet up. Might even read a few pages of someone else's book :) And, tomorrow is pro football day :)

Nikki Leigh
www.nikkileigh.com

No comments:

Visit us on the Promo 101 Promotional Services site - http://www.bookpromotionservices.com